It seems I’m on a bit of a tagging roll 😉 The Sunshine Blogger Awards are a bit different, as each blogger sets their own ten questions!
I have been tagged by the lovely Beth at A Blonde And A Baby to answer the ten questions she has come up with for The Sunshine Blogger Awards, lets see how I get on…
1. What made you start blogging?
I’ve wanted to blog for as long as I can remember really. I have A Levels in English Language and Literature, and have always enjoyed writing. I wrote for an online magazine for a little while but didn’t enjoy the sales side and not having freedom in my writing. My psychologist kept suggesting I start a journal, so I decided to take it one step further and write for the whole internet to see!
2. What’s your signature dish to cook for dinner?
Fajitas. Whenever we have friends or family over for dinner, it’s fajitas. Our Nan (my Step Dads Mum) lived with us and looked after us during the week as Mom worked away a lot, and Nan’s dinner menu consisted of very British ‘meat and two veg’ style meals. If my Mom was due to be home by Friday, she’d make fajitas! It was the only time we’d all sit around a table and share food and stories, so always reminds me of family and good times.
3. What’s been your proudest parenting moment so far?
That’s a really hard one. I’ve been sat here about 20 mins now trying to think of something that I’m proud of. I guess that’s why I’m in therapy, eh? Hmm…I am very proud of pushing myself to breastfeed my daughter for 2.5 years, 1 year of which tandem feeding with her little brother.
4. Who is your celebrity crush?
Peter Andre. Have had a special place in my heart for him since his I’m A Celebrity days, I had his picture all over my workbooks in primary school and still know the words to all his songs.
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
I don’t really know, I get annoyed quite easily. I absolutely hate whining. I never realised how irritating a child’s whine could be until my lovely daughter descended into the ‘terrible twos’. However according to other Mum friends, ‘terrible twos’ soon becomes ‘terrifying threes’, ‘frustrating fours’ before finally… ‘thank fuck you’re off to school fives’.
6. What is the thing you would most like to achieve this year?
We bought a ‘fixer upper’ last year and it’s going to take years to get it exactly how we want it. With me being a stay at home mum, we’re on a tight budget so will be doing up one room a year. This year I’d like to have got the playroom finished. It will be so great to have a separate space for all the kids stuff, maybe I’ll spend less time organising their toys?
7. Where is the best place you’ve been to on holiday?
Definitely touring the Rocky Mountains in Canada in an R.V. as a child. Best family holiday so far! I have so many happy memories from that holiday. As we have lots of family in Canada, it will definitely be a holiday to re create with my own little family.
8. What’s your go to midnight blogging snack?
Haagan Daaz, Strawberry Cheesecake. If we’re out then I’ll make myself some nachos!
9. Are you a messy play lover or hater, and why?
Love doing it with other people, not so much on my own! When my toddler has other friends to play with, she plays for longer. When she’s on her own, she tends to get bored after 5 mins, then it’s a very frustrating waste of time!
10. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
Start a compliments book! And pretty much everything my therapist has suggested to date, especially when she finally convinced me to start taking anti depressants. She’s a bloody hero.
Awesome set of questions Beth! They definitely got me thinking…
- How would you describe your blog to others?
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
- If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
- Do you have any siblings?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What has been your biggest achievement in life so far?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- What do you love most about yourself?
- If you could go back in time and give yourself one piece of advice, what would it be?
- You have a whole day to yourself, what do you do?
Good luck! I’m looking forward to reading your responses! 🙂